Flat Roofing Systems in Orlando
Flat roofing in Orlando is somewhat common for certain types of commercial buildings as well as some residential construction. Your top roofer Dynasty Building Solutions installs, replaces, and repairs flat roofs. With over five years of experience installing flat roofing in Florida, we have the expertise and know-needed to help you determine what type of roofing is right for your property.
Customer service is our highest priority, and we strive to make sure every client is completely satisfied. From your first free consultation to your final commercial roof installation and regular maintenance, our fully licensed and insured employees will work hard and get your job done efficiently without sacrificing service or the high quality that our clients know to expect from Dynasty Building Solutions. We can work with your insurance company if a claim is warranted, and we offer financing to help you manage your out-of-pocket costs for your roof replacement or repair.
Please contact us today to schedule your no-cost, no-obligation consultation at your residential or commercial property to discuss whether a flat roof or a low slope roof is the right choice for you.
Different Types of Flat Roofing
- Metal flat roofs: These are the most common and are typically made out of aluminum, which is exceptionally durable. This material lasts more than thirty years and reflects heat, making it an energy efficient option. As for downsides, you won’t be able to install any other kind of roofing on top of metal flat roofs as you could with asphalt shingles, for example. So, in the case of a renovation, the entire roof would need to be demolished and replaced.
- EPDM: Also called, ethylene propylene diene monomer, flat roofs are just a fancy way to say that these roofs are made from a synthetic blend of rubber. Most often used for large office spaces, it’s a durable and affordable option for flat roofing. EPMD flat roofs are easy to install, but they’re also prone to leakages. So, it’s important that the flat roof installation contractors make sure the seams are sprayed with a protective sealant. These coatings will add cost but are well worth it to prevent water damage.
- Built-up flat roofs: BUR roofs are a mixture of tar and gravel. This option has become popular because they’re aesthetically pleasing, they make your home more energy efficient, and they are quite durable thanks to the many layers. There are some downsides though. The layers of built-up flat roofing can make it very heavy, so your home will need a thorough evaluation to be sure the structure can bear the weight. Plus, the installation process creates a hazardous area so you won’t be able to live in your house during the renovation.
- Modified bitumen: Flat roofs are an affordable option but aren’t often used due to their delicate installation process. Because this flat roofing is secured using a blowtorch, it’s imperative that only seasoned flat roofing contractors do the installation. For most people, the dangers outweigh this flat roof cost but, if you’re willing to go for it, it’s a great budget-friendly option.
What Are Flat Roofs Used for in Florida?
What Are the Advantages of Flat Roofing?
Flat or low-slope roofing can be a good choice in Florida for certain applications. Here are some of the advantages of having a flat roof installed:
- You might gain outdoor living space. A flat roof offers you the unique opportunity to have a rooftop sitting area or even a rooftop garden. These are not uncommon on multi-story buildings, such as apartment buildings and hotels.
- A flat roof can be less expensive than other types of roofing. While costs vary, a flat roof can cost less than sloped roofs due to a smaller square footage and fewer materials needing to be used.
- Flat roofing is great at standing up to wind. With the high winds that Florida tends to experience during the daily storms in the summer and the occasional hurricanes and tropical storms, it makes sense to look for a roofing option that can withstand high winds. With no shingles or tiles to blow off, flat roofing is remarkably sturdy when the wind begins to blow.
- You’ll have easy access to your solar panels, vents, and gutters. Without the dangers associated with navigating a sloped roof, you and any contractors you hire will be able to easily get to the components of your home that are on or near the roof.
What Are the Disadvantages of Flat Roofing?
While flat roofing can be an excellent choice for some buildings, it is not always the best option. Your Dynasty Building Solutions roofing professional will talk to you about all of your options to help you decide which type of roof is best. Here are some of the potential disadvantages of having flat roofing installed:
- Drainage can be an issue. While professional flat roofing installation will minimize the chances of having problems, your flat roof will hold onto water after Florida downpours longer than a sloped roof. This is something to discuss with your roofing company.
- Some types of damage are more common with flat roofs. Cracking and leaks might be more common with certain types of flat roofs, depending on the building they are used on. Your flat roofing installer will be able to tell you whether this might be the case in your situation.
- Some people find flat roofs less attractive. If you love the look of a tile or metal roof, you might not find a flat roof to be aesthetically pleasing. This is a matter of personal preference. If you do not like the look of a flat roof, your Dynasty Building Solutions roofing specialist will help you find the type of roof that better suits your style.
How Much Does Flat Roofing Cost?
One of the most common questions of property owners who are considering a new roof is, “how much does flat roofing cost?” The good news is that in most cases, a flat roof will be less expensive than a sloped roof for the same building. Part of the reason is that the size of the roof will be smaller if it is parallel to the ground than if it is sloped. The materials used are often less expensive, as well.
At Dynasty Building Solutions, we provide a free consultation to discuss the merits of various types of roofing. This is also when we give you a quote for what your roofing project will cost. We can help you decide whether your insurance might cover your flat roofing installation or repair, and we can also help with financing. Our goal is to make getting a new roof affordable for just about everyone.
How Long Will a Flat Roof Last?
Depending on the materials used, your flat roof might last 15 to 30 years or even longer. Talk to your roofing company to find out what type of materials will be used on yours and what the expected lifespan is.
How Do You Maintain a Flat Roof?
A flat roof or a low-slope roof requires some maintenance to keep it in good condition and to help it last its entire expected lifespan. This comes down to inspection and addressing problems promptly.
- Regular inspections. Because a flat roof is not visible from the ground, someone (preferably a roofing professional) will need to get up on the roof periodically to check for peeling, bubbling, cracks, and other issues. Dynasty Building Solutions can do this for you.
- Removal of debris. Due to the lack of slope, it’s not uncommon for foreign objects like tree branches, leaves, and other debris to settle on top of a flat roof. These items should be removed regularly. Keeping the trees near your roof trimmed back can be helpful to reduce the amount of natural debris that accumulates.
- Ensure good drainage. While a properly installed flat roof should not have any major issues, sometimes puddling will occur. This can increase the chances that your flat roof will leak. Having someone check the drainage and make repairs if damage has occurred is important.
- Address issues if they occur. Just as with any roof, it is important to have flat roof damage addressed right away. Regular inspection will keep you aware of any issues, so you will be able to arrange for roofing repair or restoration as needed.
How Can I Find the Top Flat Roofing Company in Florida?
Dynasty Building Solutions has been providing flat roofing services in Florida since 2014. If you are in the market for a new roof, we are the roofing company you need. Contact us today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation and one of our professional roofers will help you decide whether flat roofing is right for you. We look forward to meeting you and learning about your roofing project.
Hire An Emergency Roofing Company Today! And Get The Best Roofing Specialist That You Can Trust.